Angel:A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Angel:A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson

By Choconilla BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts
Choconilla BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts

Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel

The apocalypse is coming. Maximum Ride’s mission is to prevent it and save the world with the help of the flock (a group of five other winged kids). Angel, the seventh book in the award-winning Maximum Ride series shows the readers that saving the world is a lot harder than you would think it would be.

Angel has favorite characters from the previous books such as Max, Fang, Iggy, the Gasman, Nudge, Angel, Dr. Martinez and Ella. It also has new characters like Kate and Star that will capture your attention. This book will be hard to tear your eyes from and will make you anticipate the yet to be released final installment, Nevermore even more.

At the end of the sixth book, Fang leaves the flock. At the beginning of Angel, Max is heartbroken over his betrayal and has a mixture of emotions running through her. To complicate things even more Dylan (the ‘bird-kid’ created by scientists to be Max’s perfect other half) is still hanging around to Max’s annoyance at first. However, Max grows closer to Dylan as the book goes on and starts to wonder if they really would make the perfect couple. She notes that he is not as difficult as Fang and almost always agrees with her. There is another bonus: he is part of the flock and isn’t a traitor. Is Dylan really perfect? Who will Max be with Dylan or Fang?

Max is not the only one leading a flock. Fang has been using his blog to find new mutants to help him save the world. His new group consists of three new characters and one recurring character named Maya. If you’ve read School’s Out Forever and Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports you’ll remember Maya as Max II (Max’s clone). She’s now back in style with a new name.

Now Fang, Max and their groups need to meet together in Paris to combat a new threat. A new group has emerged brainwashing Ella, a certain member of Max’s flock and thousands of kids. It is called the Doomsday Group. And they are planning to kill all non-enhanced humans (all humans who’s DNA hasn’t been altered). Only Max and Fang can stop them.

As the tension between Max, Fang and their respective groups rises, the Doomsday Group is getting more and more powerful. Will Max and Fang be able to set aside their differences long enough to save all of the humans? Will the rivalry between Max and Maya get the better of them? It looks like it might. Unfortunately, the world’s future hangs in the balance. Will the world fall to the feet of the Doomsday Group? The only way for you to find out is reading this amazing book.