Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

After Twilight, the vampires have been has draining YA novels dry. With all of these gooey, lovey-dovey teen books about vampires, werewolves, and witches(oh my!), it’s about time someone put some reality back into the supernatural genre. Marion does just that with his very first novel, Warm Bodies. The book is eloquently written as it tells of the life, well afterlife, of R the Zombie.
The storyline is perfect for a zombie apocalypse book; for once it’s not, “Holy crap zombies, they all need to die.” This book is unique in the fact that readers get to see inside the mind of a zombie. R isn’t just a thoughtless sack of meat like some writers make zombies out to be. He is an individual who questions his existence and just wants to be normal(he even settles down with a family). But the daily life of an airport grows dull and isn’t stimulating enough for R’s sophisticated grey matter. On a feeding raid he finds Julie who will bring life into his seemingly rusted and abandoned world.
What I came to love in this book, more then the characters themselves, was the exceptional writing style that Marion uses to describe R’s world. I love the way he created his post-apocalypse world, and how he gives R an extremely refined vocabulary for a zombie. This book isn’t just for those teenagers who love supernatural; any romance lovers will gush over the romance between R and Julie, any classic adventurers will stay up late at night to follow R’s journey. Everyone can and will enjoy this new twist on zombies.

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Should I review the movie too for a comparision?

mepayne97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yeah! :) I like that be awesome.  I personally liked both. :)