The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If you're into awards and MTV, your starry eyes may have recently beheld the trailer of the movie “The Perks of Being a Wallflower.” Sounds weird, right? Well, try totally-wickedly-awesome!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is an epistolary-style first novel by Stephen Chbosky (isn't it fun to say that?). It lets the reader follow Charlie, an introvert who is trying to find his place in this puzzle of a world while feeling like that one piece that just doesn't belong until the right puzzlers come along and pop him into place.

Said puzzlers are Sam and Patrick, two seniors who sweep Charlie under their wings to take him to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” football games, and on that drive with that perfect song to feel infinite.
You may think you're picking up just another book, but you are actually forming a connection with a boy who is just like the rest of us, seeing life through every pair of eyes possible

If you're into thinking beautiful thoughts, off-guard captivation, paper-cut causing page-turners, and teen angst (because who doesn't like to hear our side of the story?), this book is for you. And like they always say: the book has more than the movie. So please, before you go and buy overpriced tickets, watery drinks, and greasy popcorn, before you have to hear that one sick guy coughing up a lung in the back of the theater, please read the book first!

It won't short you in the feeling that is “infinite.”

sempiternal_obsession This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 3:24 am:
I loved the way you wrote this. :) As I read, I felt like I was having flashbacks of the book.

Sonza said...
Very well written...........usually the book reviews are too boring and they sometimes dissuade you, but i liked the way you just suggested to read the book and didn`t put the knife near my neck to do so. I really do beleive that movies can never capture the story as done by a book..........GOOD JOB!!

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i read this book before and even post a review about it. while not favorite book, i like your book review. most book review are like I loves this book! you have to read! they then go on to give the names of main characters and that's about it. You was well state and was  a good  balance between persusive and full on begging. Plus, i lik ehow suggest reading the book before movie instead just using fact it has movies as an excuse to read book. weel done. keep posting  

foreverSmall said...
I have read the book AND seen the movie! Both are fantastic and true eye-openers. You have captured the beauty of someone else's work magnificently. This article will hopefully inspire even more people to do what you are influencing. Keep writing! 

JulesCThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I have been inspired to go out and get this book