Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Morrie reminds Mitch how much humans need to rely on each other, what they were born as, and what they can learn despite the dictatorship of popular culture. And all in a number of Tuesday meetings.

Morrie Schwartz, teaches him to value life. He shows him that it is not the size of your pay check, but the amount of love in your heart that is important. Although Mitch promises to call Morrie after graduation, he never does.

Years later, Mitch, now married, has an awesome job as a writer, but still feels a void in his life that will only be filled by applying his old professor's lessons. He resumes "classes" with Morrie every Tuesday in the form of conversations, and consequently he gradually becomes happier.

As time passes, however, Morrie's health deteriorates. Mitch tries to spend as much time as possible with him, but realizes Morrie has taught him everything he needs to know: to be humble; to be a good husband, and to be an awesome writer. Tuesdays with Morrie is definitely a must-read.