Catching Fire by suzanne collins | Teen Ink

Catching Fire by suzanne collins

By Farzana BRONZE, Astoria, New York
Farzana BRONZE, Astoria, New York

“But I feel as if I did know Rue, and she'll always be with me. Everything beautiful brings her to mind. I see her in the yellow flowers that grow in the Meadow by my house. I see her in the Mockingjays that sing in the trees. But most of all, I see her in my sister, Prim.”

The book Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is an adventurous book. The main character of the book is Katniss Everdeen who went to the Hunger Games. Katniss and Peeta had returned back to District 12. Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch go on the Victory Tour to each district. By the end of the tour, Peeta has proposed to Katniss in the Capitol. Katniss arranges a private meeting with Gale. They talk about running away together, but Gale doesn’t want to run away. Haymitch advises that she and Peeta continue with their wedding plans and don’t run away. After a few months President Snow announces that in the next Hunger Games called the Quarter Quell the 75th Games, the winners will have to re-enter the arena. However from district 12 there are 3 victors, Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch. It was said that only 2 can go and so Peeta volunteers to go with Katniss. Katniss was willing to die for Peeta. Katniss and Peeta have to go to the Quarter Quell, but only one victor can win and return to district 12.
Catching Fire is an amazing book because of how Peeta and Katniss go to the Quarter Quell again and how they are trying to survive. At the beginning of the book they were happy because they won the Hunger Games but then when they have to go again to fight for life or death. My favorite part of the book was when Twill and Bonnie come to talk to Katniss about district 13 it disappeared and they are trying to find it again. I recommend this book to people who like adventure books.
“But I feel as if I did know Rue, and she'll always be with me. Everything beautiful brings her to mind. I see her in the yellow flowers that grow in the Meadow by my house. I see her in the Mockingjays that sing in the trees. But most of all, I see her in my sister, Prim.” This quote is saying that to Katniss Rue and Prim are like her own sister whatever she sees in prim she sees that in prim even though Rue isn’t her own sister. This quote also shows that Katniss really cares about other people.