The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

By Lesley.Panama BRONZE, Astoria, New York
Lesley.Panama BRONZE, Astoria, New York

Memorable, relative, and engaging.

In this book, there's a girl named Macy Queen who is about 16 years old and lives with her mother. Her father had passed away during one of his morning jogging in which Macy denied to tag along when he asked her to come along. Since then, Macy had always felt guilty of his death. Therefore, Macy’s communication between her mother and her has never been “perfect”. Towards the beginning she was dating this guy named Jason and the time of season was summer and he went away. He left his job in Macy’s hands.During his vacation he decided to email Macy, and ask to have a break. When Macy received the message she went ballistic. Macy is the type of girl who is very conservative and dedicated when it comes to school. Overall, she has a hard time grieving about her father’s death until she meets someone else named Wes. Once they started talking, Wes has been presented to us readers as the "perfect" guy. He gives us the picture that he's a sweetheart. Macy starts feeling attractive to Wes because they had great communication and Wes actually heard what Macy has been through. During the time they spent together she realized that she has changed completely and has a mindset that is adventurous. The last time she left like that was with her father. Macy is undecided who to choose. Will it be Wes or Jason or someone else? Read this book to find out!

During the time when she was finding attractive to Jason, I’ve establish that the reason that she found Wes attractive was because she showed he cared, loved and showed his affection towards her. But not only that was the reason it was because that’s what her father did. Her father was the one who had these qualities and Wes had that, therefore Macy was looking until she found someone who can replace him.“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment” This part where Macy indicates it reflects moment where she allows elaborates on Wes and her relationship.
Throughout the book, there's a lot of metaphors comparing the type of people in the book. This is such a wonderful enjoying book to read. It's definitely a page turner and has you engage the whole time. This book is easy to comprehend and it's a young adult book and I recommend it to everyone. I know this book can relate to me because I know how it feels to lose a father and how hard it is not to feel guilty because you weren't by their side at that moment. But this book also presents you with other conflicts a teenage girl goes through which I know all has an experience with and therefore when those parts appear in the book it'll bring a smile or giggle. I know it did for me.