The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

June 7, 2012
By Shelby T BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Shelby T BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Hunger Games














Scholastic Inc. 2008 374 pp.
Suzanne Collins

















ISBN 0-439-02348-3



Have you ever thought of a dangerous, futuristic world, where sickening games are held annually? The only way of winning is the death of the other twenty-three tributes to become victor. Katniss Everdeen lives in this treacherous world, known as Panem. She volunteers to go into the Hunger Games, a brutal televised game of gruesome bloodshed, as tribute when her sister, Prim Rose, gets picked. One girl and one boy from each of the twelve districts between the ages twelve and eighteen get picked every year. Katniss tries to overcome her challenges so she will be crowned victor.

The Hunger Games is such an exciting book filled with adventure. Suzanne Collins's form of writing made the characters connect to you. She made you feel like you were in Panem, watching the games. This national best-seller has been made into a hit movie.

The Hunger Games is a suspenseful, action-packed thriller. I recommend this book to anyone who likes to actually feel what the character feels and loves action. If you really like this book, Suzanne Collins has written two more books for The Hunger Games trilogy.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.