The Compound Book Review by S.A. Bodeen | Teen Ink

The Compound Book Review by S.A. Bodeen

June 7, 2012
By Ben Warren BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Ben Warren BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Compound



Feiwel and Friends
S.A. Bodeen


ISBN - 10:0-312-37015-6




What would you do if you were stuck in a compound? Would you try to find the truth? In the book The Compound, Eli tries to do exactly that; find the truth. Eli must now look for clues about his family to change his whole life.

The world that Eli use to know is gone. Now Eli, his father, two sisters, and mother must live in the compound doing the same thing day after day. Eli can’t figure out if he should risk everything and go outside of the compound. After six years in captivity the family’s sanity is at risk.

Personally, I did not enjoy The Compound as much as I thought I would or as others did. I would recommend the book to a reader who likes a book that jumps right into the action. In The Compound there is not much setting at all, but a lot of character development and a little bit of mystery. For me the book’s setting was in the same place for too long so it lost my interest in the story. If you read and liked the book Z for Zachariah then you may like The Compound. I would rate The Compound as two and a half stars out of five.










Ben W.