The Face On The Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney | Teen Ink

The Face On The Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney

By Summer Robidas BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Summer Robidas BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire

The Face on the Milk Carton

Bantam Doubleplay Dell Inc., 1990, 184 pp., $6.50
Caroline B. Cooney

ISBN 0-440-22065-3

Caroline B. Cooney, is an amazing and inspiring author. She has related books to The Face on the Milk Carton such as, Whatever Happened To Janie?, What Janie Found, and The Voice. Those are some thrilling conclusions to the book, if you enjoy it as much as I did. The Face on the Milk Carton is eighteen dramatic chapters that will make you keep reading. You’ll never forget this heart wrenched story.

Janie was in her school cafeteria, when she discovered something unreal. That milk carton changed her life forever. When Janie asks her parents why they don’t have any baby pictures of her until she is five and why they are so sketchy every time she asks to see her birth certificate, she starts to believe that what she discovered might just be her reality. Janie’s flashbacks become worse and worse and she can’t figure out if it’s her or not. Then Reeve, Janie’s neighbor and lover, skips school to head to New Jersey with her. After she saw that sight she regretted going. The question is, are her parents, her real parents?

I was shocked when I came to the end of the book. There is so much suspension is this story. It kept me at the edge of my seat. I would recommend this story to anyone who likes mystery and a little of romance. This book is honestly one of the best books I have ever read