Diary of Anne Frank by Meyer Levin | Teen Ink

Diary of Anne Frank by Meyer Levin

June 7, 2012
By Andrea F BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Andrea F BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Anne frank is an extraordinary book. It’s a true story, which makes this book even more interesting. How can someone going through such a traumatic experience and still be able to keep a diary. It is a short book but in just these few amounts of pages it describes in great detail the situation they were in. This amazing story really puts you in their shoes. This story is inspiring in so many ways. It shows a little girls courage and how she stood strong even at the worst times. How she kept writing no matter what happened. How she kept on going no matter what was thrown in her path.


This story is about a girl named Anne frank and her family. They lived in Germany, everything was good until a powerful dictator named Adolph Hitler took charge and made the decision that Jews were not accepted. He wanted to make all Jews “extinct”. He made it so that anybody that had brown hair and brown eyes were to be killed on the spot, or to be taken to a concentration camp. A concentration camp was like a controlled living environment, that gave you little food and water if any. They wanted to make you suffer, kill you slowly. Anne’s parents got very worried since they were all Jews. Anne Frank and her family hid in an attic for a long time hiding away from society. This is when her writing began. After a while they made a noise in the attic that made people suspicious. These people contacted Hitler’s evil “minions” to come and check it out. They found them and took her and her family to a concentration camp. Her family was seperated. All members slowly died from sickness, dehydration, and hunger.


I strongly suggest anybody of any age to read this book it really is a truly fantastic book. And you won’t want to put it down. It pulls you into the book make you ignore the rest of the universe. It’s such an inspiring book. Please read it. It will make you cry and smile. It will have you on the edge of your seat. It will make you understand how bad it was back then. This book review doesn’t do this book ANY justice. This book is phenomenal!


5 out of 5 star rate