Twilight: Breaking Dawn Book Review | Teen Ink

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Book Review

By Kylieh BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Kylieh BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire

Boys are like slinkies, useless but fun to watch fall down the stairs.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn
Little Brown and Company, 2008, pgs.756, hardcover
Stephanie Meyer
$21.99
ISBN 0-316-06792-X

Isabella Marie Swan and Edward Anthony Mason Cullen are finally tying the knot after they have just graduated high school. But during the wedding there is a little tension between Bella’s family friends and Edward’s out of town “family”. With a surprise appearance from Bella’s best friend, Jacob. After the wedding Bella and Edward’s honeymoon is full of romance but comes to an end because of an improbable surprise that brings even brings a shiver of fear down Edward’s back. Bella has become pregnant with Edward’s baby and it is growing at an increasingly fast rate and they are unsure of the outcome of Bella’s future.

You go through Bella and Edward’s honeymoon as if you were actually there. There is romance and excitement throughout the whole book. As you read about the pain Bella and even Edward are in, you can almost feel it because of how well it is written. The different tropical settings you read about come to life through Stephanie Meyer’s writing. The tension between Edward and Jacob is at an all-time high, until Jacob helps to save Bella’s life yet again and Edward knows he cannot even begin to thank Jacob.

Stephanie Meyer has not only written the Twilight Saga but she is has published and is working on other projects: A book that is like Twilight except from Edward’s point of view. She is calling it Midnight Sun. A pre-release was put online on August 28th, 2008. Another book she has written is The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella which was released on June 5th, 2010.

I strongly recommend not only this book but the whole Twilight Saga to any reader who is a fan of teen-romance, vampires, and werewolves. Also anyone who likes action between some sorts of “monsters.”

xx_Pillowcloud_XX, Norridge IL, Illinois
I love this book!