Rash* by Pete Hautman | Teen Ink

Rash* by Pete Hautman

By m07463 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
m07463 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire

Rash

249 pages

Pete Hautman

Pete Hautman didn’t choose to write a novel, but he had no other choice. After trying multiple different unsuccessful career paths, writing a novel was the only other thing he could think of, and eventually that would be his first successful career. The book is rash, by Pete Hautman. It’s about a troubled child who learns about the real world. If you like exciting, plot changing books, you’ll love this one.
Bo Marsten has a troubled family. His brother and father are in prison, his grandpa drinks beer illegally, and Bo is headed for the same. It all becomes real for Bo when he gets in a heated argument with his arch enemy, Karlohs Mink, at the mall. Bo is sent to prison where he learns how to make pizza, play football, and escape the killer grasp of a polar bear.
The main characters of this book are not all equally important, but some are game-changers. Bo’s AI unit, Bork, comes in very helpful when he manages to get Bo and his friend Rhino out of prison. Rhino is in prison for self-abuse, and it comes in handy for Bo and him to get through Hammer, Fragger, Bullet, and the rest of the 3-8-7 inmates.
This book is for any ages, it is easy to read and comprehend. It is between 7 and 10 dollars to buy and worth the amount. It isn’t a long book to read because it’s only 249 pages of fun and easy reading.
Personally I enjoyed reading this book, at first I thought it was going to be boring, but I was wrong it is a very exciting and thrilling book. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read, and who likes cliff- hanger type endings. At the end Bo makes it home from prison, and a surprise visit from a close relative. Who makes a costly decision that effects the entire family.