*Rash* by Pete Hautman | Teen Ink

*Rash* by Pete Hautman

June 5, 2012
By Dan Krivitsky BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Dan Krivitsky BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Rash


















Simon Pulse, 2006, 249pp., $9.99
Pete Hautman


What do you think the life would be like in 2074? Would you think that life would be so safe that you have to wear lots of padding for track? Well that is exactly how the future is like in the novel Rash by Pete Hautman.

This novel is all about the future. Its takes place in the future. A character named Bo lives in the future in this book. In this book everything that might be dangerous is banned in the USSA. The USSA stands for United Safer States of America. He even changed the name of the USA. Bo has to take levulour to control his temper. He has always has had trouble with his temper. One time, his temper gets the best of him and he has to pay the price for what he did.

Pete Hautman continues the story in every chapter. Every chapter a new thing happens. You never know what will happen to him next. Every few pages it has a quote from Sammy Q tells you some advice. Sammy Q is program in the book that gives you advice about the book. Each advice that he gives you goes directly along with what happens to Bo. These advice columns always get me to try to predict what will happen next.

I could really connect with the main character, Bo, in this book. My brother also has a bit of a temper. Sometimes his temper also gets him into a bit of trouble. Not as much trouble as Bo though. I have never read a book like this book. I have never read about a book about the future before. This book made me start thinking about the future and how the future will turn out in real life.

I really drawn in to this book when I heard it was about the future. It made me wonder what the future was going to be like. After I started reading it I couldn’t put it down. I was interested in what was going to happen to Bo next and wanted to learn more about him. I would recommend this book to anyone. I think every person should think about the future and what the future holds for them.