Monster by Walter Dean Myers

I think Monster is a decent book. It was written by Walter Dean Myers. It’s about a kid named Steve Harmon who gets caught up with a bunch of criminals. He is accused of a crime he didn’t do. And now he has to go through a bunch of trouble to get out of it. “The prosecutor called me. Monster”

The book was published in 1999. There are 281 pages and at the end there is more about the officer. Throughout the whole book, Steve goes through trouble with his family and school and his personal life.

Steve is one of the main characters, but there is more. James King is the one who actually committed the murder. Another main character is Bobo Evans; he is an accomplice in the robbery. Mr. Nesbitt was the store clerk that was killed. He was a real family man and helped out I the neighborhood a lot.

I think it was an “ok” book. I didn’t like how it was written in a teleprompt form. It had an interesting story and plot. I would recommend it to anyone who is into crime stories or court room trials. Or if someone is into dramas.

The book is $8.99 and is published by Harper Collins. In the beginning it was kind of boring but it pulls you in with the mystery. And by the end it turns out to be a good book.