Zoya. by Danielle Steel | Teen Ink

Zoya. by Danielle Steel

June 4, 2012
By m13892 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
m13892 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Zoya
By: Danielle Steel
500 Pages









$5.95 US











Dead. They are all dead. Except for Zoya's grandmother all of her family is killed in the war. Her house gone, nothing left. Zoya then moves to Paris with her grandmother, and they are forced to start over. A book of love, New York in the 80s, and the crushed Russian Revolution.
From nothing, two women that were used to lavish living are forced to rebuild a life. Zoya only nineteen finds her calling as a dancer. Men are in awe with her elegant beauty. But things change once again, and she finds herself years later in New York with two kids, and yet again nothing. She is forced to start over.
I connected so well with this book because it made me look at life differently. I have never felt so captured in a book. It taught me that you never know when everything can disappear, and that taking things for granted gets you no where. It taught me things about love, and men that I didn't know. I learned that you may think you are in love, but sometimes you aren't, and you will find the man of your dreams if you keep a good head on your shoulders. If things are meant to be, it will come back to you in the future. I connected so well with her drive for being stubborn. Zoya is an independent, strong woman. Everything I hope to be.
Danielle Steel doesn't skip the details, or the emotion, you feel Zoya's pain, and loss. Her writing is just what people want, and just when you think one thing, Steel suprises you with another.