The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold | Teen Ink

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

May 31, 2012
By ooooooorteza. BRONZE, Lincoln, California
ooooooorteza. BRONZE, Lincoln, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


In The Lovely Bones, I love the level of suspense and mystery, BUT I am not in love with how jumpy, and inconsistent the plot is. The structure is very hard to keep track of, especially when she goes from past to present continually.

The Lovely Bones has a great story, is filled with real possibilities and believable characters. But, I believe the plot is the most important part in making a story. Having an inconsistent plot can ruin the story- line no matter how great it may be. On top of the story-structure, it is a fairly long book! I couldn’t put it down the first few chapters, but when I hit the middle I got lost.

Susie, the teenage victim, was murdered by a neighbor. She, now, watches over her family. She tells the point of view as the family. She tells the point of view as the past, but sometimes as the present. Susie is a believable characters that have a convincing story to tell. If you enjoy murder mysteries, and have some time on your hands give it a go, you might enjoy her story!