"The Hunger Games" by Suzzane Colins | Teen Ink

"The Hunger Games" by Suzzane Colins

May 31, 2012
By Holls98 BRONZE, Lincoln, California
Holls98 BRONZE, Lincoln, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay it's not the end."


From my experience fiction books have had unrealistic and non-relatable characters with plots you can’t comprehend, but my point of view changed once I read the hunger games. To me this book is an easy read that keeps your attention through out the whole story.

There are twelve different districts with district one being the capitol. The districts formed because there was a rebellion throughout the country. The capitol reminds everyone that they are in charge by having an annual hunger games. For the hunger games two people, a boy and girl from each district, get drawn to participate in this event. The tributes fight to the death and the last person standing is the victor.

The main reason why I liked this story is because the characters are complex. For example Katniss is a strong headed girl that is tough but through out the story she shows a more sensitive side by putting herself in danger for the ones she loves. You should read this book because it not only has relatable characters but it also has an interesting and unique plot.