the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd | Teen Ink

the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

By ooooooorteza. BRONZE, Lincoln, California
ooooooorteza. BRONZE, Lincoln, California

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
-Bella Orteza

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd is definitely on the top of the list for me. Throughout the story, you will experience mystery, longing, and so much love. This is the story of a young girl just trying to solve the mystery of her mother’s tragic death. The young girl goes through many battlefields to find the truth, and will go through anything to get it.

Lily, the young motherless girl, is a very strong and convincing character. As a child, she grows up only with her abusive father who claims Lily is the killer of her mother. Along the way to find the truth, she meets new people and realizes mother is only a title. A mother is someone who loves, and cares about you no matter what the odds may be. Lily then realizes that she has a group of mothers surrounding her.

The Secret Life of Bees is a well-paced book; that is also a good amount of length. It has the perfect amount of mystery, and is filled with love throughout. I recommend this book, especially to women of all ages. You will catch the real essence of love and the importance of motherhood in child’s life in this young girl’s story.