The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson | Teen Ink

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

By Donaven Vandeveer BRONZE, Lincoln, California
Donaven Vandeveer BRONZE, Lincoln, California

Although I usually find books with a bit of magic mixed in to be quite a nice read, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was a disappointment. Already being short at only ninety-four pages I found that without removing much detail you could fit the book on about fifty pages.

The book starts out with the layer Mr. Utterson waling along with his relative Mr. Enfield, when Enfield points out a door where a little while ago a peculiar thing happened to him. He was waking a long when a man came out whom he almost immediately hated came running along and knocked over a little girl, he then took the man and the little girl with her family to the apothecary (Docter’s) where they then threaten to bring a scandal upon the man unless he pays one hundred pounds. He then runs into the house with that door and grabs a check with an unmentioned peculiar signature written on it and the story gets crazier from there.

Overall I would only recommend this book if you go in with no thoughts about what it should be like. Its only storyline is very predictable and doesn’t match what you’d think would happen with a story like this.