Speak by Lori Anderson

For most people, when a terrible tragedy occurs, they would go and tell someone. But for Melinda, her story’s different. Because of one little mistake, everyone hates her, and she has no one to talk to. For a whole year and a half, Melinda keeps quiet about the whole incident that ruins her life. Through her whole freshman year, she’s been pushed and bullied, but no one knows the whole story.

Throughout the whole book, there’s thriller, excitement, and it will always keep you wanting more. Speak is an excellent story about a real life teen dealing with a problem that only talking about will help solve. How long will she keep this secret? There’s only one way to find out.

I recommend this book to an audience of teenage girls who are looking for a tragic love story mixed with mystery, grief, and a power only one can find on their own.

FelixThePygmyPuff said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:39 am
I saw the movie when I was a Freshman in High School and it was a great film, so I thought I'd read the book. The book had a greater impact than the movie, but, yes, all pre-teen/teenage girls should read this book. It is very inspirational.