City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This book is my new favorite. It discusses some very intriguing topics for teens today, such as relationships, romances (especially forbidden ones--but not the 'mom-doesn't-approve' type at all!), family, morals, and gays. The whole series is fabulous, but the first one is definitely my favorite. It is everything I want a book to be: funny, as in laugh out loud, getting stares from your classmates funny, upsetting, but just enough to keep your attention and demand vengence, and interesting, in the holy cow no way did she just go there way. The series has many twists and turns that will turn your mind in a complete 360 and never let you guess the ending, something I usually am very good at doing, unfortunately. No, this book keeps you on your toes, never has a boring moment, and is very quotable, as my friends and I have proved. The movie is much awaited, and I insist everyone read this series. Clary, Jace, Simon, and all the rest will be lodged in my mind for a long time, and I'm in no hurry to change that. This book is a must-read this summer!Very well written, extremely satisfying all the way to the end of the fifth (and final, as believed) book.

tori26shipp said...
Yeah they do that once they figure out what you're talking about. I love this book and found all of them really hard to put down. Have you read the infernal devices series? the prequels?

Kestrel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:08 am
I haven't yet, but I'd like to. I just can't find a library near me that has it. I typically check out the library ebooks and read them on my kindle, so maybe I have to go see if they have it in hard copy. I hope so! Also, do you pronounce Jace's name "Jay-see" or "Jayce", rhyming with Ace?

tori26shipp replied...
jace... rhyming w/ ace. i always go into a bookstore and read it there, that way i dont have to buy it to read it. thats what i did with the first 3, b4 my school librarians actually started putting them on the shelves. theyre pretty easy reads

Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:15 am
Yeah, that's how I was pronouncing it too, but I heard someone say it was the other way, just saying it as his initials, J.C., but I like it the other way. I can't wait for the movie, but I really hope that the rumors of Jaime Campbell Bower as Jace are incorrect. I don't like him much. I don't find him very attractive.

tori26shipp replied...
I dont like him as an actor and i dont think he looks like Jace is supposed to anyway which kinda makes me mad. BUt he is Jace and Lily Collins is Clary.

Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:37 am
Darn. Well I like Lily Collins. If if Jaime is a good enough actor, he'll make us like him by acting, if not looking, like Jace. We can only hope, but this really may nit Bethesda greatest movie. :(

tori26shipp replied...
agree since they havent been working on it very long and put the release date so soon. as well as not even having all of the cast yet and changing the director half way through production, it may end up being a huge flop.

Hey, have you seen the movie trailer? I actually am looking forward to seeing it, though the accents threw me off at first. XD Oh well, I still can't wait. 

Kestrel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha,  just by the way, when I mentioned a picture in my description, it was because I had selected a different picture before submitting and Teen Ink automatically put in the book's cover as my picture instead, which I didn't know.

tori26shipp replied...
yea me too, which i was happy about bcuz the pictures they gave me 2 choose from were pretty useless