The Giver | Teen Ink

The Giver

May 24, 2012
By Rebecca Landis BRONZE, Maysville, West Virginia
Rebecca Landis BRONZE, Maysville, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book title and author: The Giver by Lois Lowry
Title of review: The Giver
Number of stars (1 to 5): 3

Introduction: The Giver looks like an interesting book right? Well, if you are looking for a book that has suspense and entertainment this book would be perfect. It is action packed and absolutely fabulous!
Description and summary of main points: In The Giver the main characters are Jonas, his younger sister Lillie, their parents, and an infant Gabriel. Jonas is very nervous about his ceremony of twelve. It is similar to a birthday. Each twelve year old will receive an assignment and that will be his/her career as long as they live. Jonas gets assigned to be the receiver and he feels that the whole community is resting on his shoulders. His assignment is very honorable, but he is not allowed to share anything he does because it is secretive. By the end of the book Jonas learns about love and family.
Evaluation: I would rate this book with three stars. It is recommended for teenagers. It might get a little confusing at some points so pay close attention.
Conclusion: People who enjoy entertainment and suspense, I would recommend this book. It is very interesting and a little suspenseful at the same time.
Your final review: My final review would be to buy this book. Like I said before I would rate it at three stars. Teenagers will enjoy it and it will make them think about like and love all the different kinds of perspectives. Enjoy!