The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

May 22, 2012
By Haykay BRONZE, Floodwood, Minnesota
Haykay BRONZE, Floodwood, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and I thought it was an intense and thrilling book to read. I couldn’t put it down, and if I did put it down I couldn’t stop thinking about what was going to happen next. From the beginning to end of the book it will not bore you because it’s an exciting adventure that keeps you guessing what’s going to happen next.
Katniss is a girl who lives in District 12. Her sister Prim is chosen to be in The Hunger Games, but Katniss takes her place because she knows that she won’t be able to make it out alive. This is the first tribute from District 12 to take someone else’s place in the games, so it’s Katniss and Peeta Mellark that are chosen to be in the games. The Hunger Games is a fight to the death between twenty four tributes in an arena, and who ever is the last one standing wins. Katniss goes through dehydration, getting burned by fire balls, stung by tracker jackets, and the killing of people so she can make it out alive.
The Hunger Games is an exciting book that anyone will love. I encourage everyone to read it because it’s an amazing book that you will want to keep reading, and then read the next two books to the trilogy.