Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo | Teen Ink

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

By lin22wally22 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
lin22wally22 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“ When I was in surgery I saw Jesus.” These eight words gave a shock to Colton Burpo’s father Todd. Heaven is for Real is a inspiring book about a little boy who goes to heaven. I’m going to talk about Background information,The characters, and the effect the book had on me.

This book is a non- fiction book that is about a little boy named Colton who became very sick. When he was in surgery he died on the operating table then came back to life. While he was dead he went to Heaven and saw Jesus and more of his relatives. Since Colton’s dad, Todd, is a pastor he wanted to share his son’s story. He decided to write Heaven is for Real, so everyone can know Colton Burpo’s story. Now to get to know the characters.
The main characters are Colton Burpo, Todd Burpo, and Sonja Burpo. Colton is a four year old boy who claims he has been to Heaven. Colton is the same as any other four year old boy, he likes to play with his trucks and dig in the dirt. The next character is Todd Burpo this is Colton’s dad. He is the pastor at their church. He wanted everyone to know that Heaven is for real. The last character is Sonja Burpo. This is Colton’s mom. She is also a strong believer in Jesus. Books can have all different types of effects on people, this is the effect Heaven is for Real had on me.
This book had a huge effect on me. Just to show how big it was, I read this book in one night. I’m the type of person who can’t read a 200 page book within a year. I couldn’t put this book down it was so inspiring. I would recommend this book to people who love life touching stories.This book made my faith for Jesus grow.
When Todd first heard his son say he went to Heaven this he was absolutely shocked. As crazy as it seems, this little boy was telling the truth. I went over the background information, the characters, and the effect on me. This book made me realize that heaven is for real.

on Feb. 15 2013 at 10:15 am
DucttapeFanactic, Ellenboro, West Virginia
Nice job wirting this article!!!! I feel like you gave a lot of the story. This book is a great :)

on Feb. 14 2013 at 10:25 am
Thank you for this review I feel like you went in to strong with telling about the characters. Thank you