The Wreck and Sinking of the Titanic | Teen Ink

The Wreck and Sinking of the Titanic

By morgan98 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
morgan98 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

come at me bro

The book I read was the Wreck and Sinking of the Titanic. The author of this book is Marshall Everett. I would give this book a three out of five stars. Themain idea of the Titanic would be out on its first voyage from Southampton, England on April 10, 1912. It was so well built that they thought it was unsinkable. The ship went down on April 15, 1912 just five days after it set out. If the ship were to have tooken a more southern course to avoid iceburgs, it would still be a float today. The titanic is a huge luxurious boat that some people built. The people that built it had put millions of dollars in to it. The boat had two compartments in it. In the boat there were only about twenty some lifeboats. The boat could hold over three-thousand people. The carpathia could hold about seven-hundred people. The titanic took about two and a half hours to sink. Carelessness by the captain caused a lot of people their lives. This shows that over confidence can be very destructive. No matter what it may appear never assume anything by taking it for granted. Reading this book can be a good life lesson because it shows not to call anything unsinkable. Anything can sink, never say that something is unsoinkable especially a boat. This book shows that a boat can sink. No matter how well built, or how much money is put in it, or how big it is, it can always sink. Never say anything is unsinkable.