Keep Your Brain Alive | Teen Ink

Keep Your Brain Alive

By alexa carper BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
alexa carper BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

Keep Your Brain Alive
By: Lawrence Katz, and Manning Rubin
I give this book three out of five stars!

Keep your Brain Alive is a book filled with tips and exercises on how to keep your brain healthy. In this book the author was trying to help his audience to keep their neurological state healthy. I learned a few things from this book that will benefit me in the long run. I am writing this review to inform you about this book, and tell you my opinion.

Lawrence Katz is a professor at Harvard in the Econ Department. Econ is short for economic. He is also a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research. Manning Rubin is a former Creative Director at J. Walter Thompson and Senior Creative Supervisor at K2Digital, Inc. I gave this book three stars because it is resourceful, easy to understand, and will help me in the future.

This book includes 83 neurobic exercises. It is all about making your brain healthier and your memory better. The exercises are fun and easy to do. It also teaches you a lot about the brain and how it works. One of my favorite quotes from the book is “Use it or lose it”. I know the exercises in this book really work because I tried some of them and they help me relax my mind and help me to focus. Compared to other books the science in this book is easy to understand and comprehend. Some of the other books about the brain and memory loss are hard to understand. Anyone could read this book and fully understand it!

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to help their brains. It is easy to read and the exercises are easy and fun. I found this book helpful and I’m sure I’ll be reviewing these exercises often. I am hopeful it will help me in life! If you’re looking for a fun easy to read, helpful book you should read Keep Your Brain Alive.