The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

‘“Sometime in your life Allison Sekemoto, you will kill a human being. The question is not if it will happen, but when. Do you understand?”’ – Kanin from Julie Kagawa’s The Immortal Rules

In Kagawa’s heart-pounding, plot-twisting, and intriguing novel, The Immortal Rules, heroine Allison Sekemoto’s life changes drastically as her reality is turned upside down when she becomes the creature she despises most: a blood-thirsty vampire with an urge to kill. Set in the future, when the world is plagued by vampires who use humans as blood-cattle, Allison is all too familiar with life in the Fringes where she must hunt for food and protect her friend, Stick. There is but one rule: survive. Allison is suddenly taken down by a creature known as a rapid, where upon she is given a life-altering choice by vampire Kanin. She chooses to live and seals her vampire fate. Her loyalty betrayed by a friend and forced to leave her mentor Kanin, Allison sets off in search of a place to call her own. Unexpectedly, along the way, she meets up with an unusual band of humans who are in search of a better life in a place known as Eden.
Kagawa takes her readers on a fast-paced, non-stop action, breathtaking adventure as she explores the truth of what it means to be truly human. Allison must brave a world wrought with terror and find the strength to fully give her heart to a human being.
Blood. Death. Betrayal. Love. Does Allison have what it takes to keep her vampire identity undercover in a sea of humans, or will Zeke be her next blood bag? Kagawa’s The Immortal Rules puts a fresh spin on vampires and puts humanity under the microscope. I recommend this novel to everyone, even those who are a bit tired of vampires and fangs. This novel is definitely one to sink your teeth into!

IzzyVT said...
May 28, 2012 at 10:21 am
It definitely sounds like a good read...love the ending line. (: