Night by Ellie Wiesel This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Brief Information: Author- Ellie Wiesel ISBN Number- 978-0553272536 Publication Date- March 1, 1982 Price- 6.84 (soft cover)— 13.17 (Hard Cover)

Night by Ellie Wiesel is a powerful autobiography about the trials that the Wiesel went through before, during, and after the Holocaust. The novel first starts off with a young Ellie in the quaint town of Sighet, Transylvania. Before he knew it, any semblances of normalcy were ripped from him as the Nazis began to invade. Slowly but surely, his humanity was eroded in a sadistic process known as “Dehumanization.” This autobiography is a potent example of the atrocities of the Holocaust.

The writing style is solemn and dignified. The words in this book are very moving, and you cannot help but respect and feel for the protagonist. The following is an excerpt from the Novel which described Ellie’s experiences during the first night at a Concentration camp:
“Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall I forget that smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies I saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath a silent blue sky. Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my faith forever.”
I wholeheartedly recommend this book. This book offers a sense of rawness that no history book can ever deliver. I was enthralled by this book, and literally could not put it down. I am certain that any reader out there would feel the same.
Also, I am proud to mention that Ellie Wiesel is also a professor, poet, human rights activist, and has won the Nobel Peace prize in 1986.

IzzyVT said...
I've read Weisel's Night, and you've really done a wonderful job articulating the general gist of the book.  Great review.