The Book of Deadly Animals by Gordon Grice | Teen Ink

The Book of Deadly Animals by Gordon Grice

May 11, 2012
By Kailee Meadows BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Kailee Meadows BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Book of Deadly Animals is a very detailed nonfiction book about the dangers of everyday and rare animals. It explains both sides of your everyday household animals and their actions. Some animals that the book explains are from around the world, which most are, and gives plenty of details about why we wouldn’t want them in our house as pets. In The Book of Deadly Animals, it explains animals such as monkeys, bears, fox, different types of fish, insects, snakes, jellyfish, sharks, and much more. There are many reasons why you wouldn’t want them as pets, or anywhere near you. There is a different chapter for each animal - all are in specific detail. It also describes which animals would be good to have as a household pet and the personalities of the animals. This book is a great read for anyone interested in learning more about animals. This was a book that kept me wanting to turn the page and see what happened next. It’s very thrilling, but a little too in detail for me. The author did a great job of explaining what happens on the wild side of animals and how to handle it if you’d buy one as a pet. In my opinion, this book is good for young readers, or even anyone that loves animals. I enjoyed it and wanted to read it every chance I had. I would recommend reading it. It does a great job of explaining and going into detail about these animals.