In Harm's Way | Teen Ink

In Harm's Way

May 10, 2012
By AbbyGrace17 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
AbbyGrace17 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In Harm’s Way is a thrilling tale about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. A Navy ship sent to over to Japan while carrying the Atomic Bomb that would soon destroy Pearl Harbor. After the USS Indianapolis drooped off the Atomic Bomb it headed home. While, on its way back home it was sunk by a Japanese sub. It sunk on July 30, 1945. Some 1,000 plus men went down. While only 900 made it off of the ship, soon there would be less than 500. The remaining 900 men were out to sea for five days. Most of the men died from weather, hallucinations, and vicious shark attacks. When they were finally rescued only 317 men were still alive.In Harm’s Way Is a wonderful book. It is a real history lesson. It is a great story about the beginning of a major war in United States history. It is a great book to read if you want to know a little more about not only the Atomic bomb, but also the USS Indianapolis.In conclusion In Harm’s Way is a great book to read.In Harm’s Way is a great history lesson about the USS Indianapolis and the Atomic Bomb. I loved this book. It is such an addictive book I never wanted to put it down.