Haunted Hotels by Tom Ogden | Teen Ink

Haunted Hotels by Tom Ogden

May 10, 2012
By Alexis1998 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Alexis1998 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Haunted Hotels by Tom Ogden is a nonfiction book that describes different hotels and inns where there is reported paranormal activity. This book is perfect for teens and adults that are interested in the paranormal. This is a very interesting book and I would recommend it to anyone that would like to learn about the hotels mentioned. Haunted Hotels contains many facts about twenty-five hotels and ghosts haunting the hotel or inn.
There are twenty-five hotels and inns mentioned in Haunted Hotels. Each chapter tells about a different hotel. This book is interesting because it tells about the history of the hotel. It also tells about the spirit’s life before they died. The book includes many facts. Tom Ogden is a famous magician that lives in Hollywood, California. He has written several books, including Haunted Theaters, Haunted Highways, and Haunted Hollywood.
When I read a book, I look for a few things. The first thing I look for is if the book is interesting. It is hard to read a book that is uninteresting. The second thing I look for is if the book is easy to read. You cannot read a book that you can’t understand. The final thing I look for is if I can use the information in the book in life. When I started reading this book, I realized Haunted Hotels has these three qualities. Tom Ogden did well at researching and putting a mental image of the hotel in your mind. This is one of the best nonfiction books about the paranormal that I have read.
Haunted Hotels is a very interesting book about twenty-five hotels and inns around the world that are haunted. This book tells about the hotel’s history, the spirit that is haunting the hotel and their past before they died, and the claims of activity.
This is a good book and I recommend it to teenagers and adults of all ages.