The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

May 4, 2012
By JustiineVeniice BRONZE, Forest Lake, Minnesota
JustiineVeniice BRONZE, Forest Lake, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine if you were put into an arena to fight to the death. I think this is what draws a lot of people to read these books and go watch the movie. This book is about 16 year old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem and Katniss is part of district 12. The capitol is what controls most of Panem and all the districts surround the capitol. Katniss Everdeen is one of the people chosen to be in the hunger games. The hunger games is an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged twelve to eighteen from each one of the twelve districts are selected by the lottery to compete in a televised fight to the death until one person is left.

Suzanne Collins did a great job with these books. These books are so very popular. I believe they are so popular because of how realistic these books are. Once I started reading the hunger games I couldn’t stop until I was done with all three books. I needed to know what was going to happen next. These books also don’t just focus on the love part of the story which I personally think is good. This book focuses on more of Katniss’s survival. In the third book called the mockingjay it focuses more on love and Katniss’s relationships with people but there is much more to the story in these books. The first book, the hunger games is a book you just can’t put down once you start reading it. I recommend this book to everyone and anyone because it’s a book anyone can read and I warn you once you start reading it you wont be able to put it down.