The Skinjacker Trilogy #1: Everlost by Neal Shusterman | Teen Ink

The Skinjacker Trilogy #1: Everlost by Neal Shusterman

By AlleyKat666 SILVER, Pontiac, Illinois
AlleyKat666 SILVER, Pontiac, Illinois

Everlost is the first of three books in the Skinjacker Trilogy by Neal Shusterman. The trilogy explore a world between life and death called Everlost through the eyes of Allie and Nick. Allie and Nick both die in a tragic car crash and wake up nine months later in Everlost. Greeted by a by they decide to call Lief, they travel through Everlost and learn the longer they stay, the more they forget about their life. In this book I feel Allie resembles fire, raging through Everlost, refusing to ever forget her past. Nick, however, resembles water, staying calm and slowly forgetting almost everything but his name. Mary, one of the villains in the story, is a troubled young girl, who died before her time and will never be ready to move on from the tragic end she met. We also meet The McGill, a horrible beast who ends up being more then he appears. He too, met a tragic end and will never forget the pain he went through.

This book also shows a point that certain things are less attainable by other people. Food and entertainment are only a few of the things. In Everlost, they can only eat and use things that cross over from the world of the living. The main thing that is lost by many characters in this book is love and affection. Several characters had terrible experiences that keep them from exploring life in Everworld to its fullest and moving on from the past. These same experiences keep them from trusting others enough to establish a relationship worth having with anyone.

This book is an amazing read. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good book to pass the time or to just explore.