Inheritance by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

After reading the other three books of Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance cycle, I expected the last one to be really awesome. However, it was a huge disappointment. It had a lot of adventures just like the first three, which is good, but the ending is what really sucks. One of the main bad things is the final battle with Galbatorix and Shruikan, which is way too short, but what really made me mad is how and why Eragon’s quest is completed. It left too many undecided things, and felt like Paolini was just trying to get it over with as fast as he could. I think he should’ve had Eragon and Saphira do more before they left. I can’t really complain about the beginning and middle parts of the book, they were as awesome as always, and introduced a lot of new characters, animals, and weapons.

Overall it was ok, with few grammatical errors and lots of cool stories like the other books, but I definitely think the last battle should’ve been more drawn-out, and the ending a lot better. It doesn’t even compare with the first three books, except that Paolini’s writing seems to be maturing.