MockingJay by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

MockingJay by Suzanne Collins

April 18, 2012
By goebl BRONZE, Floodwood, Minnesota
goebl BRONZE, Floodwood, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Hold fast to the break of daylight, The shadow proves the sunshine" ~Jon Foreman
"Ive become an empty shell of the man i dont like so well. I am a living, breathing hell. Come and resurrect me" ~Jon Foreman
"


I read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It is the third and final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. It takes place right after the second book, Catching Fire, left off. Katniss and Peeta just “escaped” their second Hunger Games and find themselves in the hands of District thirteen who was supposed to be wiped off the face of Panem. The whole book they are recuperating and training to fight in a new rebellion against the Capitol.
I liked this book but I hated it at the same time. The plot was spectacular and made very well. The climax got so intense so fast. I kept my nose in the book for so long that it was over in three days. That’s when it ended and I couldn’t believe the finally. I couldn’t think of a better way to end the series, but it hit me to heart. Prim died. Katniss killed coin. Peeta and Gale both live. Snow dies from a totally accidental death. Katniss picks Peeta to be her husband. The complete opposite of what I thought would happen actually happened. I loved it but hated it. That’s how amazing Mocking jay really was.


The author's comments:
This Review was written specificly for an english class of mine for anyones information.