Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

By LiquidFence887 BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan
LiquidFence887 BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Written By: J.K Rowling

“The Prisoner of Azkaban” is the third book of the “Harry Potter” series, and quite possibly my favorite. This book has great for shadowing, wide vocabulary, voice, and has many examples of literary devices.

“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” (year three) is about well, Harry Potter (the boy who lived,) and the infamous Sirius black, a dangerous man convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, and the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort. Now Sirius Black has escaped from the so called “inescapable prison” Azkaban, and determined to kill Harry Potter. Nowhere is safe for Harry or anyone else, even within the walls of Hogwarts there may even be a traitor among them. Faced with several trials what will harry have to do to save himself and his friends?

“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” is a wonderful and well renowned book, and for good reason; J.K Rowling uses all the basic needs of a good story, but when you read her stories (especially this one,) you can sense something different. J.K. Rowling has a very distinguishable authors craft and voice that I admire. In the Harry Potter series she uses A LOT of foreshadowing and all of the books are connected, I love that a lot about her books. Using her wide vocabulary, clever mind, and wit, she created a wild, awesome and successful book that I can read for hours.

I highly recommend this book (along with the other books in the series,) to any advanced reader (because sometimes the language gets a little confusing, and the lexile is pretty high.) and geeky awesome kids who can take wizards, magic, hippogriffs, werewolves, and flying broomsticks seriously. “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” Is an just another great addition to the AWESOME series “Harry Potter”, read it, you will not be disappointed.

This is just a Book review I did for school on one of my favorite books and I felt that I did a Fairly good job on it. I hope that reading my piece people that havent already read it can also enjoy this book.