Inheritance by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

By BinkleBerry BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
BinkleBerry BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

Inheritance By Christopher Paolini

Inheritance is the fourth and final book in Paolini's series. The book ties all the plot lines together and creates a semi-satisfying conclusion. The writing style is overall eye-candy. The wording, descriptions, and language really brings you into the story. Paolini's writing style increased as the books went on. Inheritance, being the last, was possibly the most important for plot structure and writing style. It was necessary to answer all remaining questions and not leave accidental plot holes. Paolini does this very well. The few plot holes that show up can be instantly masked by the imminent action or rising emotion. Speaking of emotion, this is where Inheritance lacks a bit. The first three books held strong connection to the main characters, so much so that Eldest was the first book I've ever read to make me cry. Inheritance however, creates a very dull connection so that when key players die, you do not feel anguish. Even so, the book's strength is found in Paolini's ability to write fanatical action scenes that come to life like a movie in your mind.

Interestingly enough, even though this book series is fantasy based, the wars being fought in it can be closely connected to World War II. The all powerful dictator Galbatorix shares similar qualities to that of Hitler, as well as his downfall.

The series' plot is based around the fall of the Dragon Riders and the ride of Galbatorix. It is Eragon's (main character) job to aid in the destruction of Galbatorix. In doing so, many emotional connections are made, incredible action scenes take place, and before you know it, you are standing right in the middle of it.

Inheritance was a good conclusion to the series however; it lacked the satisfying feeling most expect from finales. The ending was unexpected and left a lot open for further books. All in all, I would absolutely recommend this series to any fan of fantasy or fiction writing. The medieval setting, unpredictable twists, and diverse characters will be sure to have you flipping pages for hours.

School Project