Elvis Presley: The King of Rock 'n' Roll by Robert Daily | Teen Ink

Elvis Presley: The King of Rock 'n' Roll by Robert Daily

By giannambella BRONZE, Somerville, Massachusetts
giannambella BRONZE, Somerville, Massachusetts

Book Review

This book takes a step deeper into Presley’s childhood, family life, musical career, films, and legacy. Author, Robert Daily starts the book out interestingly. Instead of starting with generic information like birth date and birthplace, Daily hits off Elvis Presley: the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll with an adrenaline rushing beginning. A scene is created about the devoted fans that remember Presley every year on the day he passed. A transition is then made into why everyone loved Elvis so much and all that he achieved in his career. Statistics are included throughout the book, things like number of gold and platinum records and other things like just how many songs were created in his fame years.

It is thoroughly explained how Elvis Presley lived the life of rags to riches. He was born into a poor family, but as his talent grew he started getting his family what they truly deserved.

The biography explains how Elvis waited in the waiting room of Memphis Recording Service and from his first steps taken into the studio the king of rock ‘n’ roll immerged. Starting as a performer for few people, Presley grew more popular as more women learned of him and his songs became the tune of the day stuck in people’s heads.

Even though Elvis was a part of the majority of rock ‘n’ roll history, when he took time off whether it was for a Hollywood production or just some time for himself, he always bounced back. Elvis became a pro. He knew what the people wanted and exactly how to please them. Elvis always kept people interested by changing things up; Elvis may have had a constant image as to how people saw him, but his music always kept them guessing. The book covers how the king could go from making bad boy rock ‘n’ roll to gospel music.

Whether a fan or not, everyone knows the name Elvis. He made a name for himself between his white leather studded jumpsuit and amazing vocals. Elvis’ legacy still lives on now 35 years later, in 2012.