Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

By Jenn Kannally BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Jenn Kannally BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

Night by Elie Wiesel is a novel abut a teenage Jewish boy who was ripped from his home with his family and sent to concentration camps. While being in the death camps, the author loses his faith in God, his religion, and more importantly - himself. The novel's strengths were that its brutal honesty of what happened in the Holocaust captures the reader's attention quite easilt. The novel is very suspenseful about what events might happen next. It also has very descriptive information of the characters, whom one grows to connect with throughout the novel. Weaknesses of the book include the fact that it contains heavy content. Wiesel does not let the reader pretend the Holocaust was anything other than what it was. The author often goes into vivid detail about some of the things he witnessed while being held captive in the concentration camps, including the hanging of small children and burning of people, including women and infants. This book is important because people around the world need to know and remember what happened during the Holocaust.