The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By cereal BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
cereal BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Creeping along a valley with every thought in your mind that you could be on the ground in the matter of seconds. As you cautiously walk to safety you know it can all end starting with one mistake. Survival is key and when you are in The Hunger Games. This novel is an exhilarating book to read that interests you page by page, and moments like this can really excite you and terrify you as you read on. The Hunger Games is by far the most exiting novel I have ever read.

Suzanne Collins made this novel having very good ways of putting words into a form that’s interesting to both the reader and the story characters giving specific details on how and what they are doing throughout the book. Suzanne Collins really keeps the story real as the characters voyage farther into their journey of The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a fantastic novel that most readers only fantasize about. The book is crammed with fascinating, moving, and anticipating information that just blows your mind. This book is a must read for anyone.

This novel takes place in the far away future where technology is an aspect that only few are allowed to obtain. The novel is held in the country of Panem where the population is split into vast amount of groups that each year will fight one another for the cruel entertainment of the upper class citizens that forcefully engage these battles between them. The main topic of this novel is about a young girl named Katniss Everdeen. At the age of 16 she is entered in these so called games. She reluctantly sacrifices herself to spare the horror of the games for her little sister Prim and ends up fighting her way to freedom as the entire country watches the blood bath creating emotional problems throughout the country.

This novel is violent, jarring, and fantastic book to read from any point of view. Its combination of nerve-racking tension, thrilling action, and engaging love story that gives your brain a feeling like no other. From my perspective this book was very well prepped to come to, the author took a great amount of the book dedicated to telling you the entire background story before anything interesting happens. The book was brilliantly plotted and uniquely paced. Ounce I picked the book up it did not leave my hands until it was finished. Although the novel was vaguely showing signs of mass combat as described on the back cover, there was enough action to make the book acceptably enjoyable to anyone. The Hunger Games was a fantastic book to read that I now would give an 8 out of 10 rating for its grand content.

All and all this novel is an amazing tale that only Suzan Collins would have the brain to imagine. It gave me a great amount of information and left me hanging at the end with dozens of questions to ask. Every novel has its ups and downs but not when it came to The Hunger Games. With superior dialog and an intense narrative by Katniss this book has all it takes to grab your attention the entire time your reading it. Unlike other books this book really speaks to you as you enjoy it every breathing second your reading it. The novel The Hunger Games is the most outstanding and vicious book I have ever read.