Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling

March 7, 2012
By Elizabeth Jun BRONZE, San Gabriel, California
Elizabeth Jun BRONZE, San Gabriel, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

With hints of love, snide comments, jokes on every turned page, crazy adventures, and magic in everything that's matter, J. K. Rowling's fictional book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, is the total package. When young little wizard harry Potter comes home from his fantasy school Hogwarts, things take a horrible turn. His family is ignoring him and he wants nothing more but to get back to Hogwarts. But of course, Harry Potter never gets anything he wants without a challenge. As he's packing, a strange little creature enters his room. Who is this? Why none other that Dobby the House elf! But Dobby doesn't want Harry to return to Hogwarts. Not this year. Not when dangerous things are meant to happen. But nothing is impossible for The-Boy-Who-Live! With great difficulty, Harry manages to return to Hogwarts with just a few scratches. However, Dobby's warning was correct. Someone has begun to muggle hunt. Harry's classmates are turning to stone left and right. and who does everyone suspect? Harry himself!Read the book, and you'll find out exactly what kind of excitement and mystery I'm talking about.

Now this book is personally one of my all-time favorites. Even though I'm a girl, I still feel like I'm Harry. When irritating thins happen to him, I feel irritated. When sad things happen, I'm sad. When good things happen, I'm happy. Like when Ginny woke up in the chamber of secrets, "Then came a faint moan from the end of the Chamber. Ginny was stirring." I could feel the relief spreading from my head to my toes. Ginny was alive! WOOT! But seriously, the emotional ties that this book has with me only contributes to the faith I have in J. K. Rowling to now and always write a book that I will forever love.

Well, there's nothing more that I can say. J. K. Rowling's second book of the Harry Potter Series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a keeper, and should be in every one's hearts. So, pip-pip cheerio!


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.