Torn Thread-Anna Issacs | Teen Ink

Torn Thread-Anna Issacs

By wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington
wolverines PLATINUM, Everett, Washington

Imagine you were Jewish in the 1940’s and you were sent to a labor camp? What would you do, and how would you feel?

During the dangerous World War Two in Germany, Eva and her sister Rachel are sent to a labor camp surrounded by brutal German soldiers every where they looked. Also wired fences around you like you’re a trapped bird in a cage and can’t get out.
When you first start reading Torn Thread, it’s not very interesting, but then once you get farther in the book you can’t stop reading it and you won’t want to put it down! Also the Author, Anne Issacs describes the events so vividly. It’s like you’re picturing images or your watching a movie in your head.

While Eva and Rachel are at Labor Camp, (luckily there not in a DEATH CAMP!)They are forced to walk four kilometers every day and work about ten hours five days a week! The German soldiers give the girls in the camp poorly amounts of food to eat twice a day. The War is starting and Rachel gets severely sick. In addition, Eva takes care of Rachel more than she takes care of herself and Eva is younger than Rachel! Eva is a Flax Spinner and Rachel collects the flax that Eva spins. What will happen to Rachel with her medical conditions? Will Rachel’s sickness be too much for Eva to handle? What will happen to Eva? Read Torn Thread to find out.

I’d recommend this book to people who are war lovers and like a nail biting experience like. ‘‘What will happen next’’.

Torn Thread is a Jaw-Dropping book. Anne Issacs makes you think twice for what you have and to be thankful for everything you’ve gotten and appreciate everything you get.

Torn Thread is now one of my favorite books. Moreover, Anne Issacs will leave you speechless at the end of the book. Also any book of Anne’s is a MUST READ!!!