A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

I usually read books that start out slow. But when I first started reading the book, I was automatically hooked on to it. I could never put the book down. The book was thrilling, stimulating, and even breathtaking.

Dave is a child. He may look like a normal child, but what you don’t know is what his mom does to him. At home Dave’s mom does torturous things to him. Things that include gas, beating, and even poop. When the dad is trying to help Dave, the mom is yelling at him for trying to help his son. Later in the book you’ll realize that Dave’s life wasn’t always like this. He once had lived in a happy family. A perfect family actually with three sons, a dad, and a mom. But during the years, his mom began to care less for her and her family. She began to drink and that is when the beating started. Throughout the book, you’ll be surprised about the things she does. Things that will leave you hanging from the edge of your seat. Things that will leave you wondering what will happen next.

This book is different than other books I’ve read because it’s a book about child abuse. Also because I’ve never read a book that when the author who wrote the book is the main character in the story. Which is Dave. This book actually has sequels to it. It is a whole series. The next book after A Child Called It is A Man Named Dave and three more books after that.

This International Bestseller is fantastic. Like I said before it gets straight to the point. I seriously recommend this book to anyone. It’s great for kids and adults. It taught me to be happy about what I got because someone in the world could have it way worse than I do. I give it a straight 4.5 stars out of 5.