Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney | Teen Ink

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

February 24, 2012
By Anonymous

Diary of Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules is the second book in the diary of a wimpy kid series. This is one of the funniest books in the series. I was so engrossed into this amazing book. It was the best 217 pg. book I Ever read. This book does a great job in detailing the life of Greg Heffley. This book entertains the reader with a great comedy. That feels like your actually reading someone's diary because of all the details.





The story takes place in a modern day city, where 6th grader Greg Heffley begins middle school. Greg's older brother Rodrick is constantly picking on Greg. The main conflict is between Greg and Rodrick. Throughout the story, the tension builds between the two characters. It starts with pushing to someone getting locked in the basement .The problems between them gets even worse when mom decides to get involved. Mom makes them do activities together which leads to more fighting. So, will they ever get along, or continue to fight. Read the book if you want to know more.




The stories message kind of is that even if you don't like your sibling you still have to get along because your family.
I enjoyed this book and I hope you will too. I would recommend this book to 4-6th grader's or people who has read the series or somebody who is willing to give it a try. Other books in the series are, Diary of a Wimpy kid #1, Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules #2, Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Last Straw #3, Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days # 4, Diary of A Wimpy Kid The Ugly Truth #5. Jeff Kinney's latest installment of the series is Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever. Get your copy today.