Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot | Teen Ink

Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot

By His_Princess SILVER, Maywood, Missouri
His_Princess SILVER, Maywood, Missouri

You may be wondering how "passion" and "purity" even belong in the same title together. Can one love passionately and still remain pure? The answer is a resounding yes.
In Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control, Elisabeth Elliot tells her own moving love story. Mrs. Elliot teaches us about finding Mr. Right, how far is too far, and surrendering our desires to God. Using letters, diary journals, and memories from her five-year courtship with Jim she shows us an example of what it means to love Christ more than each other, and to give His plans priority over yours. Elisabeth Elliot has been there, done that, and offers time-tested advice and wisdom that applies to all of us.
I just finished reading Passion and Purity for the second time, and it was worth every minute. I read a lot of books, and enjoy most of them, but few are special enough to read over and over again. This is one of those special books. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. You will be blessed when you read Passion and Purity.