Guardians of Ga'Hoole by Kathryn Lasky | Teen Ink

Guardians of Ga'Hoole by Kathryn Lasky

In the forest of Tyto, an owlet named Soren has been snatched from his nest, and when he looks up to see his captor, he sees a frightening, cruel face. Along the way, he meets a new friend named Gylfie, a very intelligent and tiny Elf Owl. They soon learn that the owls who have taken them are known as The Pure Ones, and they will attempt to rob them of their identity and freedom of thought.
In these books, you go on miraculous journeys in your mind’s eye. The obstacles these young owls face will astound you. The foul cruelty of some of these owls will shock you, yet keep you reading. In my opinion, these books are a great read. Once I began these books, I could not put them down. Every time I did, the point that I had stopped at made me think of what might happen next, and it pulled me back in. I suggest you read the books in order or you will be very confused. I recommend these books to 3rd-6th graders who love fantasy books, and an amazing journey.
There are 15 books in the series. The author wishes to tell you to stand up for what you know is wrong. You will learn it yourself throughout these books. In addition, Zack Snyder has made the series into a movie called Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole.
I rate the Guardians of Ga’Hoole as five out of five stars. Kathryn Lasky did not only write the Guardians of Ga’Hoole, but she is currently working on a new series. Another world you will learn of in the Guardians of Ga’Hoole. Her newest series are known as The Wolves of the Beyond. So far, there are four books in the series. I began reading these books, and I implore you to read them.