What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones | Teen Ink

What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

February 13, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Imagine living in a family with your parents always fighting, at school you're the girlfriend of the most popular boy in school. The main character is Sophie she's a girl that tells personal stuff about her self and what happens to her. When Sophie met Dylan and she fell in LOVE with him she goes out with him she finds out he's the popular boy in school and goes to her school. Sophie's reaction is like “WOW”. She starts to feel uncomfortable and she's confused on how she feels about Dylan. Then Sophie starts to like Murphy the geekest kid in school, she's confused and doesn't know who she likes!


I recommend this to girls and boys that like teenage books and girl secrets!!!

My favorite part is when Sophie decides who she's going to stay with and stays with Murphy and start to go out with him.

What my mother doesn't know is so EMOTIONALLY riveting that you'll have a hard time putting the book DOWN. I had to finish it in one reading, so I could get to the next one in the series, what decision will Sophie make?