Unwind | Teen Ink

Unwind

By Folake Sanusi BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Folake Sanusi BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan

You think it’s easy to be a teenager? Having family and body problem while having to deal with the stress of school. Well then you need to read the book called Unwind by Neal Shusterman. In this book there will be three different kids with three different stories. They all have their own point of view but with the same idea. Those ideas make them meet and have to work together to save their lives. These three kids really teach you about life.

One of the things the book teaches you about is yoshouldn't’t make a judgement make a judgement without getting to know a person. I feel that, that is a true statement because you will never know what they go through or what’s going on in their family. In the book Risa was on the bus and a beouf asked her where she was going. When she lied the kid that was sitting with her told the truth about where she was going, and the beouf automatically judged her. That’s wrong because the person you judge might be the only person that will be able to help you in the future.

Connor made a big mistake. By running away without telling the people he loves how he feels. I feel that you should always tell the people how you feel because tomorrow is promised. Connor should’ve told his girlfriend how he felt before he left. You never know what you have until you lose it. You may never be able to tell them again so it’s best to do it when you have the chance.

It’s always good to do the best you can in life. In the book, Connor wasn’t doing the best he could in life so in return his parents filled out papers for him to be unwound. I think if he would’ve been good from the start he wouldn’t have to worry about being unwounded. At the last minute he started acting good to make his parents feel bad which they did. I feel that if you do your best from the beginning you wont have to worry about having to be punished

To me this book was a very good read and well put together. I would recommend this book to a lot of people. Neal S. did a very good job relating to teen and what they go through in their lives. In this book it teaches you how not to judge people by their cover and how to live everyday like it’s your last. If I had to rate the book I would give it a 11 because this is the only book i actually liked that i didn’t have a choose on reading it r not. the first few pages pulls you in.