Unwind | Teen Ink

Unwind

By Christian Roberson BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Christian Roberson BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I just read the book Unwind by Neal Shusterman and its about how parents can choose to unwind their child. Unwinding is taking your child to a facility to get their bodies taken apart and given to other people. The book may sound messed up but it was very good and very interesting to read. I usually don’t read many books but this one had my attention from beginning to end. I actually learned a lesson from this book. The lesson that i learned was how to think about life and the way others should think about it too.

A lesson that i learned from the book was if you want to live through a tough situation then sometimes you have to fight for it. A way they showed it was when Connor and Risa fight the juvey cop on pages 39-40. They didn’t want to be captured and unwound so hey fought back so they wouldn’t die. Also, another situation that was threatening was on the highway when Connor was surrounded by the juvey cops and he had to fight for his life at that moment. It showed me if you’re serious about staying alive you’ll fight back.

Another lesson that I learned was you need to learn the skills to survive when you can’t depend on others anymore. Like when Lev learned the way to get people’s leftover garbage after he was separated from Connor and Risa. Also another way the book showed that was when Connor grabbed Lev he had to fight back and he bit Connor to get him to let go of him. So when its necessary you can end up doing the things that you told yourself that you couldn’t do before. This book showed me that when you need to you utilize any skills that you have to, to get through any kind of situation.

The last thin that i learned from this book was when you defy your fate and keep living your life you will eventually get to the place you are supposed to in the end. Like how when Connor and Risa kept going and running they eventually got to the graveyard from page 177. Also how Lev also eventually made his way to the graveyard as well. They all must’ve been destined to, to all meet up in the same place in the end. The book showed me that if you keep on pushing you’ll get to the place you need to.

Again, the lesson that I learned from the book was how to think about life. So the first thing was if you want to live then you need to fight for it sometimes. Also another thing that i learned was when you need to you will learn skills you need to, to survive. The last thing that i learned was if your life is in danger then you will need to do whatever you can to get out of it. Thats what the book Unwind taught me.

This is about the things that i learned from the book Unwind.

on Mar. 12 2012 at 10:40 am
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thanks since it was my first i was nervous and didnt know what to with what to tell so next time itll b way better

_KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
This is very well written - great job! Just be careful when you do book reviews in the future; you don't want to give away large chunks of the plot, like what happened with Roland, otherwise someone who is reading your review but hasn't yet read the book will read the spoilers and may not want to read the book any longer. But awesome job, and keep up the reviews!