Unwind by Neal Shusterman | Teen Ink

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

February 13, 2012
By Olivia111 BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
Olivia111 BRONZE, Ypsilanti, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book Review for Unwind

Unwind is a must read book! It has action and drama. It keeps you on your toes the whole time.This book teaches you about life and to be grateful for what you have.It shows you strong friendships and love between two strangers that meet along a journey to survive.

I personally thought this book was pretty good.It had me thinking the whole time. I kept trying to guess what was going to happen next.Every time I thought I knew, I didn’t, it was the complete opposite! For example on pages 63-64 when Connor heard a baby crying. I didn’t think he was going to go get it and get on the bus! I didn’t think they were going to get on the bus. I thought they were going to run.One thing that blew my mind is when Connor was in the hospital and his name got changed to Elvis Robert Mullard and he even got Roland’s arm!(Page 318-321). I’m like, all this time he is trying to survive from being unwind but he ended up getting an unwinds arm and his enemy at that! The one thing that shocked me the most was when Risa was paralyzed from waist down.(Page 321). Even though I was shocked that Connor got an unwind’s body part I was actually shocked that she turned down the surgery.I guess she was smart because now she couldn’t be unwound.

I didn’t really like how the book ended.I thought it ended too,nice.I was expecting it to end dramatically with more excitement! A killing or something! I just wish the author would of thought the ending out better.I was a little disappointed that it ended so happily.

I would recommend this book to teenagers that are having problems with their parents and being disrespectful to the hand the feeds them.I think they would really re-consider and think about what if their parents could unwind them because their parents are tired of being disrespected.I think they would appreciate the life they have and be grateful that they have parents that love them and actually want them to succeed in life!So, I believe all high schoolers should read this book.

What I can say I truly learned after reading this book is to respect the hand that feeds you.Live your life to the fullest and don’t take it for granted.Take care of your body! Eat healthy,exercise,take showers keep yourself looking nice.Because you never know who needs it.While one person who isn't blessed to have both of their legs are the happiest living life grateful for what they do have.The person that was blessed to have both of their legs are complaining always mad not taking care of their selves and being ungrateful thinking that their lives are miserable.

Be grateful for what you have.Respect others and yourself because if you don’t there is someone out there will.